Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Lots of running around today....had to get lots of little things for the trip. I got my documents together, then a lot of errands....bookstore, drugstore, grocery store (taking my own oatmeal packets, nuts, raisins to have something to snack on). I decided I needed a tune up before the trip, so I got my hair cut and colored, mani, pedi, facial and eyebrows.....I'm not really a high maintenance girl, but I figure I won't get a chance to focus on myself for awhile. Here's the weird coincidence: I went to three different salons, all last minute, squeezed-in appointments, no stylist requests.....but, each time, I was assigned to a Chinese woman! Each time I got to have the most fascinating discussions about China and the Chinese-American experience. Anyway, I still have a ton of stuff to do to get ready tonight and tomorrow.....but, now, I have gotten a bit sick, fever, stomach distress.....Ugh! I was so focused on NOT getting sick in China, it didn't occur to me that I'd fall ill before I even get on the plane. Oh well, no time to wallow in misery. I hope I feel better tomorrow. Tonight I have to do laundry and pack for real. I should also finish wrapping Olivia's gifts.

No comments: